New Web-site

We have a new site: www.calpolygop.org

Thursday, March 12, 2009

More taxpayer money for people who don't deserve it

Part of me wants to join a gang, get a tattoo, leave the gang, complain that the reason I can't get a job is because I have a tattoo, and then let the federal government fix my problem and leave the burden on the taxpayers.

So if you're a defender of tattoo removal, you might say it's a good thing that the $410 billion spending bill that Congress is sending to President Barack Obama includes $200,000 for a small California program that helps people get their unstained skin back.

If you're an opponent, you might say it's a big waste of money.

"I would think under a personal responsibility platform, if you were responsible for getting a tattoo put on you, you might ought to be responsible for getting it taken off, and I do not think our grandchildren ought to be paying for it," said Oklahoma Republican Sen. Tom Coburn.


I have seen alot of irresponsible spending lately, but this is simply the icing on the cake. Our student fees appear to be going up by over $1000 next year, so if the federal government has money to waste I suggest they donate it to the state of California- to put into the higher education system that is clearly struggling.

To read the rest of the article click here.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the biggest wastes of money I have ever seen and is a perfect example of the pork in the spending bill. Personal responsibility for one's actions has gone out the window and the democrats have swooped in to "help". I know that $200,000 doesn't seem like a lot compared to the $410 billion dollar spending bill but it adds up and we will be paying off these earmarks for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete